Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gotta change your mind


What am I saying?  You can't MAKE anyone change their mind.  You can only build capacity in their mind for changes in thinking.

Kids are the same way.  I used to think I could FORCE my kids to think my way.  That was until I had pre teen girls.  Now I know that you have to just hint it.  Then a few days later, mention it.  Then put someone down who isn't doing it.  Then write it on a note and accidentally leave it somewhere.

Then, if you're lucky, they'll mention that they think that way at the dinner table.  Mission accomplished.

Tomorrow, I'm going to mention that I think girls who date guys before they're 18 are a disappointment to their father.  Wish me luck.

http://wordpress.apocalypticdad.com/02/08/2012/change-minds-change-worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment